1. In Outlook go to:
File > Info > Add account
4. Fill in all requested information:
- Make sure that you have full email address as username (including @domain.com)
- Port numbers must be
POP3: 110 IMAP: 143 SMTP: 25 or 26
- Incoming and Outgoing Mail server: domain.com
- Choose POP3 if you want to download emails to your computer
- Choose IMAP if you want them to stay on the server
Make sure that 'Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)' is NOT checked.
SPA is mostly used on MS Exchange servers. Since our servers are Linux based, keeping this feature enabled will prevent you from connecting to the server.
As soon as you complete the 'form', click More Settings.
5. Go to 'Outgoing Server' tab and check
My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
Use same settings as my incoming mail server
IMAP: 143 POP3: 110
Outgoing mail server:
25 or 26
Now when all is set you can check your settings by clicking Test account settings button.
Or tick Test Account Settings by clicking the Next button and the connection will be checked as soon as you click 'Next'.
If there are any problems with connecting, you will get an error message.
In this case re-check your settings or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
The very last step will inform you that the email client has been successfully configured. Click 'Finish' to close the wizard.