Want to move your domains over to SmartWeb Canada? Enjoy hassle-free service and free domain name transfers.
We are one of the market leaders among domain registrars because of our excellent customer support, and high-level of security. Our transparent pricing policies and great value-added services have made us the most preferred registrar on the internet. Transfer your domain to SmartWeb Canada and spend less on your domains.
6 Reasons for Transferring your Domain to SmartWeb Canada.com
1. Zero Dollar Transfer Fee. We charge nothing for the transfer process.
2. Zero Domain renewal if you hosting your website with SmartWeb Canada
3. Risk-Free Transfer. You will not lose any money.
4. A year added to your domain name registration. When you move your domain to SmartWeb Canada, all remaining time on your domain with your current registrar will be transferred PLUS we will extend your domain for one year (free of charge). So if your domain expires in 2013, it will be extended till 2014.
5. Free Features and Free Who is Guard. Every domain transfer includes a number of useful free features and free Who is Guard privacy protection for the first year.
6. Reliable Partner. SmartWeb Canada experienced from 2004.
• FREE Features Included With Each Domain Transfer
When you transfer a domain Smartweb Canada, you get to enjoy all the great FREE features we give with our normal domain name registration.
• Email Forwarding
Create and redirect @yourdomain.tld email addresses to other email accounts of your choice.
• URL Forwarding
Redirect your domain visitors to any URL or website of your choice. You can cloak the URL to hide the destination.
• Reliable DNS Servers
Modify record types like A address, MX, MXE, CNAME and TXT in real time and at no extra cost.
• Dynamic DNS
Takes care of a dynamically changing IP address and keeps your site running without downtime.
• Grant Modification Rights
Retain full control of the domain while granting access just to certain domain editing features to your customers or co-workers.
• Registrar Lock
Stops unauthorized domain transfers to some other registrar. You can enable/disable this option anytime you want.
• Who is Guard Privacy Protect
Keeps your contact details safe by replacing it with our contact information on WHOIS.
• Security Notifications
Configure your account to send email notices when any change is made to your domain settings.
• Advanced Control Panel
Make changes to multiple domains at once by simply selecting them and editing them using our advanced control panel.
• Customizable Parking Page
You can set our free parking page to show people your website is ‘coming soon’ until you launch it.
1. Regulations prohibit transferring domains that are less than 60 days old (or were transferred between registrars within the last 60 days). Please wait at least 60 days before transferring.
2. Expired domain names may not be released by your registrar. If your domain name expired and you are sure your registrar will release it, please to initiate the transfer.
3. EPP authentication code will be required for all .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, .mobi, .ca, .cc, .co, .de, .in, .me, .tv and .us domains. Contact your current registrar to get an EPP code.
4. Please make sure the domain is not locked at the current registrar. Many registrars place locks without your knowledge.
5. For all .uk domain transfers, update your IPS tag to ENOM before submitting the transfer.
6. If your domain expired with your old registrar and you renewed it with them, please do not transfer it within 45 days of the previous expiry date since it will not add 1 more year to your domain name and you will lose out on the renewal fees paid to the older registrar.
7. To minimize the possible downtime during the transfer please check this (optional). There won’t be any downtime if your domain is pointed to your host’s custom DNS servers.
8. Check out our for more information on transferring your domain to Smartweb Canada
* An ICANN fee of 18¢ is applicable for each year of .com and .net domain registration/ transfer. The ICANN fee is a mandatory yearly fee charged by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers for the following domains: .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, .name, .asia, .jobs, .mobi and .xxx. SmartWeb Canada will be absorbing the costs of the ICANN fee on all domains except .com and .net.
** You get a one-year Who is Guard subscription (worth $2.88) absolutely free with every domain name registration and transfer. Due to registry restrictions, Who is Guard cannot be used with asia, bz, ca, cn, co.uk, de, eu, in, me.uk, nu, org.uk, us, and ws domains. However, you can use your free subscription on any other domain with SmartWeb Canada that supports this service. Please note that Who is Guard subscription expiry is based on your purchase date and not on the date you activate it.
*** You can get a special $15/year Comodo PositiveSSL Certificate for every new product purchase except domain renewals, Who is Guard renewals, purchase of another SSL certificate, or any SSL renewals. You cannot use this $15PositiveSSL to renew another certificate.
**** DNS features mentioned above are only applicable if your domain uses our default nameservers.
Every domain transfer includes the following products
Free Who is Guard privacy protection worth $6.
Comodo Positive SSL Secure Certificate for $15.
Reliable DNS services